URGENT: THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION IS ABOUT TO CHANGE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR US CITIZENSHIP. DO NOT DELAY IN APPLYING, CALL US NOW FOR AN APPOINTMENT. !TRUMP CHANGES CITIZENSHIP TEST!
US Citizenship is priceless. Naturalization is the way Permanent Residents in the United States become Citizens of this country. To become a citizen (in the most common cases) you need the following:
- PERMANENT RESIDENT: Be a legal permanent resident of the United States for a period of no less than 5 years. IF you are married to a US Citizen that period may be reduced to 3 years.
- FIVE/THREE YEARS OF RESIDENCE: Be physically present in the United States for no less than ½ of the 5 or 3 years of required period of residence AND without any interruptions greater than 6 months in those years.
- RESIDE IN YOUR IMMIGRATION DISTRICT: Be a resident of the immigration district you are applying in for 3 months before the filing of your application.
- GOOD MORAL CHARACTER: Be a person of good moral character. This a measurement taken in comparison with the community you live in.
- PASS EXAMS: Pass a US Civics test and be proficient English so that you can pass the Citizenship test. Here is a link to CIS information on the US Citizenship Test
ATTENTION: If you have EVER been ARRESTED or DETAINED by any state agency ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD you should talk to an immigration attorney BEFORE you file for naturalization. Doing so without the proper advice may get you deported or at a minimum in removal proceedings.
Why use experienced lawyers to apply for Citizenship? Everyone is trying to sell you the idea that immigration is just filling a form and POW! You are done. Not so fast. What form and what to put in that form are LEGAL ADVICE and choosing the wrong form or placing the wrong information in it may lead to you being denied Citizenship or even being DEPORTED from the United States.
In the last twenty years the N-400 application for naturalization has gone from a couple of pages to more than TWENTY! Information that many people did not even think of when they became residents is being solicited and in some cases may cause issues or problems in the application process. Having someone who knows what to do when those issues arise is invaluable. Do not risk your life in this country getting by promises of “savings” and “low legal fees,” that may be the most expensive legal advice you may ever get.
Unbundled help does not work with immigration cases. Again, just because you think immigration is a “form” practice it does not mean it is. You can pay a lawyer to fill out the form, but is it the right form? Or is the information correctly presented? From experience and what we have seen NEVER do an immigration case in parts. Everything you do, everything, is in one way or another connected to your immigration status in the United States – so why do your case as if it were just a form?
Citizenship is the greatest benefit you may obtain in this country. It would be our pleasure to help you in this process.
THE NATIONS LAW GROUP IS AN ANCHORAGE BASED IMMIGRATION LAW FIRM. OUR TWO ATTORNEYS, LARA E. NATIONS AND NICOLAS A. OLANO HAVE MORE THAN TWO DECADES OF COMBINED EXPERIENCE. DO NOT HESITATE TO LOOK AT OUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS SO THAT YOU MAY GET TO KNOW US AND SEE IF WE ARE A FIT FOR YOUR NEEDS. YOU CAN CONTACT US BY CALLING, EMAILING OR TEXTING US. IF IT IS AN IMMIGRATION EMERGENCY (YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER IS DETAINED OR IS ABOUT TO BE DEPORTED PLEASE TEXT US AT ANY TIME HERE. REMEMBER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE RIGHTS, BUT SO DO ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS – BEING POLITE AND COURTEOUS WILL TAKE YOU A LONG WAY IN LETTING ICE OFFICERS KNOW YOU WANT TO HAVE A LAWYER PRESENT FOR ANY INTERROGATION.